This weekend come celebrate the Summer Solstice at an outdoor urban oasis under the Rail Park in Spring Arts, (500 N 10th street Philadelphia PA 19123) – The Viaduct. The space has been developed by Cohere, a placemaking branding agency, and their family of brands as a way to experiment with brands that are uniquely at the intersection of food + sustainability + design. The garden will host the following events this weekend:
- Outdoor garden festivities taking place on Friday 4 pm-9 pm and Saturday 1 pm-8 pm with a safe distance plant sale, live music powered by RADIOKISMET, summer Aperol spritz bar and light bites benefiting the only black-owned rowing organization in the U.S. (details below)
The space will have “build your own bouquet” workshops hosted by Maidencreek and will be selling bouquets from local women-owned flower farms, house plants and hanging baskets. Chef Erik Oberholtzer from the #CohereFoodLab will also be setting up an Aperol Spritz bar and serving grilled sandwiches and summer snacks. Friday night from 6-9 pm RADIOKISMET will be spinning music live. And 15% of all sales will benefit BLJ Rowing. BLJ Community Rowing a “Boathouse Without Walls” is the only Black-owned and operated rowing organization in the country. BLJ is committed to providing access to the elite sport of rowing to nontraditional participants. By being the access point and teaching underserved communities how to use rowing as a vehicle to expand life options, BLJ is providing an opportunity for more choice. You can find us Friday, June 19th from 4-9 pm and Saturday, June 20th from 1-8 pm.
- When: Friday, June 19th, 4-9 pm. Saturday, June 20th, 1-8 pm
- Where: 500 N 10th street Philadelphia PA in Spring Arts
- Why: To experience the newly developed Viaduct secret garden and support BLJ Rowing, a Black-owned organization dedicated to breaking down barriers by teaching underserved communities how to use rowing as a vehicle to expand life options.
- What you can find:
- “Build your own bouquet bar” with locally grown flowers.
- Floral bouquets, hanging baskets, house plants, garden and native plants grown by women farmers.
- Homemade masks, artwork and tea sets by women artisans.
- Aperol Spritz Bar with Aperol Spritz pitchers and individual refreshing drinks, and other sparkling beverages.
- Grilled sandwiches and summer snacks.
- Spring Arts breweries are hosting a beer garden across the street so it should be a fun, safely distanced outdoor weekend!
- Street parking can be found nearby.
*We will be practicing safe distance shopping and following CDC protocol for the sale. All employees will be wearing masks and gloves, and we ask that all customers wear a mask for precautions.