Here at Maidencreek co. we are getting to work celebrating growth and rebuilding communities – starting with our own. On Friday, June 12th at the Viaduct park (500 n 10th street Philadelphia pa 19123) we’ll be selling bouquets from local women-owned flower farms, plants for window boxes and hanging baskets at our Re-Emergence Plant Sale. A portion of the proceeds will benefit our friends at BLJ Rowing. BLJ Community Rowing a “Boathouse Without Walls” is the only Black-owned and operated rowing organization in the country. BLJ is committed to providing access to the elite sport of rowing to nontraditional participants. By being the access point and teaching underserved communities how to use rowing as a vehicle to expand life options, BLJ is providing an opportunity for more choice. The plant sale is open to the public from 11 am until sold out but we are concluding with a small happy hour gathering at 4:30 pm.
- When: Saturday, June 12th, 11 am until 3 pm (or sold out)
- Where: 10th & Hamilton Street Philadelphia PA in Spring Arts (by the rail park)
- Why: To support BLJ Rowing, a Black-owned organization dedicated to breaking down barriers by teaching underserved communities how to use rowing as a vehicle to expand life options
- What you can find:
- Bouquets with locally grown florals, hanging baskets and more
- Containers and other items for spring
- A sneak peak at the coming Maidencreek Co. plant store at the Viaduct under the Rail Park!
- Free parking across the street in the lot with the murals
*We will be practicing safe distance shopping and following CDC protocol for the sale. All employees will be wearing masks and gloves, and we ask that all customers wear a mask for precautions.